Monday, October 5, 2009

Contributing Is Fun

While cleaning up my amazon wish list a bit I noticed that I had a number of things that were 5+ plus years old. I deleted what I no longer thought would be useful, and decided I would begin buying one thing off my wish list each month (as long as it wasn't too expensive). After deletions, the oldest item on my wish-list was Mastering Algorithms with Perl. Used, the price was something like $3.28, and then $3.99 for shipping. Granted, the book is ten years old, so I expect the code to be crufty ad old-fashioned. I'm hoping I can still manage to learn a few things though, especially if I try to work out implementations in 'modern perl' ... or if I feel really, ambitious, perl 6.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have a couple jobs that I would like to advertise on your site or via an email list to inform your readers about Perl programming jobs. Please get back to me as soon as you get a chance.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Chris

    Chris Rose | Affiliate Management | w 801.692.4059 | crose@enticelabs.com

    ReplyDelete